The Philippine National Association of Sign Language Interpreters (PNASLI) established on May 21, 2011, is a unifying national organization of sign language interpreters with members –both Deaf and hearing - from all over the Philippines aiming towards the professionalization of sign language interpreting in the country and ensuring that there is full access to the d/Deaf throughout the Philippines through quality interpreting.
"We uphold the highest standards of Sign Language Interpreting profession in the Philippines for the best interest of sign language interpreters and the Deaf in need of access to information and services."
1. To recommend standard policy on professional sign language interpreting system with the active participation and approval of the national federation of the Deaf including a system for the delivery of sign language interpreting services, compensation and working conditions; a code of ethics among sign language interpreters and grievance mechanisms; a scheme for accrediting sign language interpreters and a standard curriculum for sign language interpreting training programs
2. To accredit sign language interpreters according to the highest standards of professional practice
3. To create a national registry of sign language interpreters and establish chapters nationwide
4. To receive membership fees, accept endowments, grants, legacies and instruments/devices conformable with existing applicable statutes
5. To publish relevant and appropriate curriculum and instructional materials related to sign language interpreting